I've cofounded two startups. The most recent Streak.com went through
YC in Summer of 2011 and is now
generating millions in revenue a year and has a team of 35 fantastic people.
Hopefully one day it will be a multi-billion dollar company.
I left Streak in March of 2019. After 14 years of "The Founder Life" I decided
to move back to my home town of Waterloo, Ontario and spend more time with family.
I'm still figuring out exactly what I want to do, but it should leverage the experience
I've gained over the past decade and a half, this includes:
- Taking a project from idea to production. I've launched hundreds of features.
- General software engineering. Professional experience with Java, Go, Python and C++. Academic experience with 20+ languages. Strong with datastructures and algorithms.
- Mentoring junior engineers. Done this half a dozen times.
- Developing a technical hiring process. Helped grow team to 12 engineers.
- Interviewing engineers. Conducted literally hundreds of phone interviews and close to a hundred onsites.
- Managing. Helped oversee technical and non-technical teams (sales and support).
- Other stuff. A lot of system architecture, product ideation, and user analysis over the years.
If I sound like someone that would bring a lot of value to you or your organization then please
shoot me an email email@example.com